Friday, January 23, 2009

A Mile at a Time

Hello,
Today is Friday January 23rd. I want to write about the gas mileage my car gets, and the average amount of miles I can go on a full tank. I also want to ask if anyone knows about lights and how they work.
On an average day, driving to and from school and is about 350 miles a week for week. My BMW averages about 25 miles/gallon with a 16 gallon gas tank, I get a little over 400 miles a tank. With today’s gas prices on a relative low, it would cost me about twenty-five dollars to fill my gas tank. Some ways I conserve gas is by going a little slower, and “gunning” it or passing people when unnecessary and overall not being an aggressive driver. Having being said, gas prices have decreased by more than 50% in the past few months… making it easier for all of to fill our tanks, although before it would cost me around sixty dollars to fill up. So obviously when the gas prices were high I was more aware of what miles I had been driving, but weren’t we all.
Set aside that thought; let’s go back to last week’s topic. A little recap, last week received new headlights that I ordered the previous month. After many issues and difficulties, I finally had them working. They are still working wonderfully except my right front corner light. As you may recall, I had tapped into the wires to get my halos to work, well the company sent me the wrong wiring harness so I disconnected them. The other day I noticed the right corner light was dim and not as bright as the left side. QUESTION!!! Does anyone know what could have caused this; did I short the circuit, or anything? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know nothing about cars, but I'm sure Auto Zone can help you. haha.

    ReplyDelete