Friday, January 30, 2009

Adventures in the Snow

Hi!
Today is the 30th of January! The past few days here in Ohio have been really frigid and quite adventurous. We had a snow day this past Wednesday, which is a miracle because Ohio State very rarely has snow/cold days. One would think the snow would have to be so high that going through a door would require digging tunnels before Ohio State would close campus. The day off was much needed, after a stressful week of midterms and book reading.
My E46 is equipped with ESC, aka a form of traction control. With this option I have a separate button to activate the system on or off. This setting is usually ran in this position at all times. Today, I found out that if you turn it off it is fun to drive in the snow (if you are in a controlled situation)! Okay, I know it is not safe, but I was in an empty parking lot and I just had to try it out. ESC is just one of the features that BMW supplies as an option in their vehicles. BMW vehicles are rear wheel drive, unless one has the optional all wheel drive models. I have the rear wheel drive with ESC and I find them to be amazing features if one is not lucky enough to have the all wheel drive. Not to complain about these less than perfect features, I still love my car.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Kyle--

    A nice tone here, and nice prose. I'm curious about the "fun" you're having in the snow. Can you describe the fun?

    ReplyDelete